Back in July, the company Movoto determined that Seattle was the hardest working city in the US based on unemployment rates. But that doesn’t mean Seattle-ites don’t want a break from their hard work now and then, in the form of happy hour. We’ve conducted another informal Northwest Gold Coast poll on the best places to go for happy hour around the Seattle area. Our readers, as usual, completely delivered and now we’re just waiting for a hard day to enjoy some discounted food, drinks, ambience, and calm.
- Agua Verde Paddle Club and Café (University District) –A distinctly UW Health Sciences crowd with a view…boy, what a view. My favorite…their spin on a margarita…tuna-rita (which our editors hear is not tuna flavored at all, but more like prickly pear-yum!) or a Negra Modelo.
- I love going to Japonessa in downtown Seattle. It makes me feel like a grown up, cause it’s a little bit fancy! But the happy hour prices are awesome (plus in the bar on the weekdays happy hour is until 6pm!) and I really like the sushi.
- Ooh, Ivar’s Acres of Clams in downtown Seattle has happy hour every day after 3pm in the bar!
- TheEdgewater on the waterfront is a Seattle School of Theology and Psychology favorite, mostly because it’s so close.
- Matador in Ballard, West Seattle, Redmond, and Tacoma because they have $5 nachos, great on any budget!
- Palomino (in Seattle and Bellevue) has a killer mojito and great food.
Where’s your favorite place to hit for happy hour? Why?