Known as the Waterfront Community downtown Des Moines has a direct view of the Puget Sound. The Des Moines Marina, many restaurants, gift shops, and personal service providers make this community a treat for residents and visitors. Des Moines is the town where you get your goods and services from specialty stores more than conglomerates. Your meat is from a butcher, your dog wash is locally owned, and as you drive by your mechanic you wave!
Stories on Featured Local Businesses:
- A Better Crab Trap
- B & E Meats - Local Butcher for 50 Years and Going!
- Bjorneby Auto Rebuild
- Blue Vanilla Bakery
- Holiday Lights at Viewpoint at Redondo
- Marine Science for All Ages at Redondo Beach
- Seattle Area Easter Egg Hunts 2013
- The Soggy Doggy
- Wally's Chowder House: Great Atmosphere, Awesome Seafood